Numerous friends have been commenting on the explosion of language in Theo -- he's really getting chatty, and with complex sentences and big words. Here are a few recent memorable sayings.
Theo's first prayer that he said himself: "God please help the people who hurt. Amen." Later that night: "God please help Mama get rest. Amen." (Which was ironic because he was the one keeping her awake.)
Asked randomly, any time of day: "How your day mama? How your day Elmie?"
When we play pretend, I am "Elmie Doctor" or "Elmie Tiger" or "Elmie Digger" or whatever we're pretending to be. (Hence "Mama Doctor" in the previous post.)
I was dumping out standing water in the back yard, and explaining that we don't want to breed mosquitoes. Theo looked at me with big eyes and said, "Elmie hold me like a baby! I scared Mokeeto!"
He was upset that we didn't buy him a toy. I was trying to get him to express his feelings with words, so I said, "Where do you feel it? In your heart? In your head?" He then named every body part he could think of, where he felt it, including his knees and his boo-boos. Yes, he felt it down to his boo-boos.
He also has taken to making up songs, which I hope I can get recorded somehow soon... He will sing songs about tractors, about trains, about tricycles... well pretty much about anything with wheels.The other night at bedtime we were belting out "Bob the Builder" loudly and with gusto, and giggling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope we get to hear the songs, too! Sounds like you're having a blast. My itch to go to grad school for linguistics/speech pathology only increases when I hear about and witness language development in my friends' kids. Sounds like Theo is having very typical language development. Exciting!
ReplyDelete