These are from Anne --
12/12/12
Me: "I have some delicious lunch for you.
Theo: "is it marshmallows with cheese sauce? Because I like marshmallows and I like cheese."
Theo while sitting in car seat of teenager-style driving video game at mall: "I am going to practice being a bad driver."
12/11/12
Me to Laura, over dinner: "isn't Theo a porcine wonder?"
Theo: "no I'm not. I'm not a pig."
me: "I know, sweetie. I was just quoting the Mercy Watson books. I was just kidding."
Theo: "you were just rubbing at my edges."
Laura: "sure, like that. She was ribbing you!"
12/7/12
Theo, refusing to wear a jacket: "it's okay, mama. I can handle the weather."
11/27/12
Me, watching first-ever episode of dancing with the stars: "man, this show is campy!"
Theo: "~I~ want to go camping!"
11/19/12
Theo has started prefacing things, "in my
particular life," as in today, "in my particular life I am going to
carry this rock across the street," referring to one of the small
boulders he found while walking at Augustana.
11/15/12
"mama, wouldn't it be nice to have a fox to be a parent for me instead of you and Elmie?"
11/13/12
"I like your voice, Mama. It's a nice, calm voice, like a man's."
10/25/12
"Do you know mama, I like President Obama. He's a special guy."
10/6/12
Theo: "Do you know, someone said I can eat not-healthy things when it's dark out."
Me: "Was it ~you~ who said that?"
Theo: "Yeah."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are hilarious — especially "I am going to practice being a bad driver," ha! Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDelete