12 July 2013

June

From Anne's Facebook feed, June 2013:

6/30/13
With Cousin Avery!
Photo

And really, nothing is better than a marshmallow fresh off the stick...
Photo

6/29/13
Cousin Tap Dance at the family museum!
Photo: More tap dance

6/24/13
Theo fell asleep on his train table in the basement (which I would flip over to shelter him if needed) while listening to tornado warnings and making little comments about flying debris and possible death. truly a native midwesterner.
Photo: Theo fell asleep on his train table in the basement (which I would flip over to shelter him if needed) while listening to tornado warnings and making little comments about flying debris and possible death. truly a native midwesterner.

6/17/13
Theo builds contraptions most mornings lately to share his tea or horchata with Elmie
Photo: Theo builds contraptions most mornings lately to share his tea or horchata with Elmie.

6/16/13
Eggs and pancakes for breakfast!




Photo: Taking a page from McDonalds. Jennifer Burnham's amazing eggs on top of rice pancakes, with Rebecca Daniels-Kerby's warm maple syrup.
6/16/13
Photo: all of a sudden Theo is requesting having his photo taken. This bodes well for his upcoming appointment with a photographer!

6/15/13
Friday, midday, LeClaire. Theo walks into deserted coffee/wine bar. I follow at about eight paces. Walks up to bartender, says, "my Mama will have a coffee, and I like wine." Chuckling bartender at a loss for words, glances at me. I say, "sure. I'll have a coffee."

6/14/13
Hammering his geode.
Photo: Hammering his geode.

6/8/13
Public health Theo strikes again, as reported by Laura. Theo to Laura, then to kid getting scolded by mother for running in the street. To Laura: "let me help him, I can help him and make him feel better." To kid: "I can help you! Do you want to die? If you run in the street you could be killed! Do you want to die???" Then, chasing after him, "Do you want to be killed??? Don't run in the street!"

6/7/13
A visit from Neal. They are happy on the mulch pile:


6/2/13
This one is from the train. Man holding a cigarette to smoke at the break tells Theo he has been really good. Theo says to him that he should not smoke. The man says, "well, I know, but I am only hurting myself so it's up to me." Theo: "well, my mama's daddy died of cigarettes." Man: "oh, is that right." Theo: "yes, he died of loving cigarettes all night long."

No comments:

Post a Comment